Sunday 10 February 2013

Reflections

I've not blogged for a while, because I've not felt like it. And yet, there are so many things I feel I should blog about. I'm currently sat at home, and I'm meant to be working, listening to the Rugby. My sister travels out to South Africa next weekend, so I'm home to see her for the last time in three and a half months. 

Which is making me think about my own trip to Uganda in the summer, all I learnt, and all the things I wanted to change about myself, which I haven't. But, I wonder how have I changed, because I know I am different to the person I was seven months ago when I arrived in Uganda, I know I am different to the person I was before I left home and came to York. And now, as I've reached the halfway point of my third year I wonder what God has in store for me in the future. 

Next year will be different, I'll be a masters student, so I'll have a different student experience than I've been enjoying for the last three years. I'll be living with new people, and a lot of my friends will no longer be in York. I don't know what I'll be doing my research in, where I will be living, but I know that God knows. And that gives me hope. 

I still don't feel close to God, but I still know he's part of my life, I know that he's in control, and he knows what I'm currently feeling. Since my blog 'Deserts and Doubts' I've discovered a new song, whilst I cried the first time I listed to it, it now gives me strength to face each day and helps me to remember whatever is happening God is in control. 

"This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is a God who provides." 





No comments:

Post a Comment